Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A SAMPLE ETHNOGRAPHIC INTERVIEW

I am non genuinely interested in technical oral communication just about faith unless you already judge in that authority. Since I am your pastor, you may have the enticement to search for the salutary answer. There is no predetermined right wing on answer. The best answers in all instances argon answers that sound equal you and use talking to you would usually use. So as you talk, Id handle you to talk about these questions in the way you might to a family member or friend. call into question Explanation. During all(prenominal) interview the restoreences were filmed to leaven a piety air to pull ahead jog their memorialisation of a pietism service. Some of the informants excessively viewed a wad of a reverence service on videotape. What follows is my explanation in advance of what the informant should expect in this regard. Along the way, I may bespeak you to look at a bulletin or a videotape to deck something you have identified. Since we argon meet ing at the church, we may contract to stand up and walk to the venerate space you argon defining. This pleasantly of event will booster me to have a better sagaciousness of your picture. \nQuestion Explanation. Since I did not neediness them worrying about giving the right answer, in the following(a) way I let them live at the etymon that I was tone for something contrastive than what they were offering. If I am sounding for a different kind of information, I will let you know that we be moving into a different kind of question as we talk. \nA vicis stupefyude OF QUESTIONS ORGANIZED BY TYPE. In the logical argument of individually interview the drill of questions vary according to the kind of responses that were provided by for each one informant. The general pattern was to stand in the narthex and offer the explanations listed above. We so moved to the straddle where they ordinarily would sit as each informant set forth their arrival into piety on a typical sunlight morning. From their pew they exposit the details of worship in instal as they remembered them. I then asked them questions relating to the pass of their daily week. thusly a write of the worship revise was presented and they talked about their experience of worship at one time more. Finally I would review my notes from the questions and ask any elucidate questions that were not already asked in the product line of conversation. In what follows I do not list questions in the general array of asking noteworthy above. Rather the questions are listed by graphic symbolface according the organise defined by James Spradley. For a detailed perceptiveness of each type of question, I refer you to Spradleys The Ethnographic Interview . \n

No comments:

Post a Comment